Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Director, Head of E2E Capital Project Delivery (End-to-End) will be planning, managing and executing the design, construction, commissioning and validation of a new, dedicated facility for the manufacture of Cell Culture Media products that are used in the process of manufacturing commercial drugs. This is a leadership role with ownership of the cost, scope and schedule of the project from business case to full blown operations. Ensuring all Quality, Safety and sustainability requirements are aligned with local and global strategy will be included in the responsibilities of this position. This is an onsite role at our Walkersville, MD facility.
See what we are all about: Lonza Bioscience | Lonza
The ideal candidate will be an experienced program leader that has worked on capex projects valued at $100M or more within the life science space. We are looking for someone with sound decision-making skills and the ability to build trust and positively influence outcomes in a fast-paced, regulated environment.
- Establish and execute against a project charter/business requirement including scope of work, goals and deliverables.
- Collaborate with the relevant Strategic Growth Investments & Engineering (SGIE) Project Leader, senior management and stakeholders to support business objectives.
- Ensure conformity of the project goals (market, strategy, profitability) and provide its justification from a market, strategy and economics perspective.
- Establish the project team/structure necessary to reach the project goals and ensure appropriate coaching/development/performance feedback to all direct and indirect reports to develop a strong and competent team.
- Ensure adequate project control/governance systems needed to manage the risk, change control, cost and schedule are, in place, timely & conduct regular engineering and project control reviews in order to ensure that the project execution is on track or escalated to the steering committee.
- Manage scope changes and impacts in alignment with SGIE Project Leader.
- Bachelor’s Degree- Engineering (chemical, mechanical, process, pharmaceutical, biochemical engineering or similar program of study) or Science degree.
- 5 or more years of experience in design and operation of Biopharmaceutical facilities, in both manufacturing and support systems (cGMP manufacturing, pilot plan, laboratories and supporting functions.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in capital project delivery of projects with $100M budget or higher.
- Team player with exceptional customer service skills, integrity and ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.lonza.com.