Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville is IMMEDIATELY hiring a highly experienced and talented person as a Forecasting and Demand Planner to work across multiple departments to lead our forecasting and planning process. This Forecasting and Demand Planner will be responsible for developing and implementing effective demand planning strategies to ensure that we meet customer needs while optimizing inventory levels and minimizing costs.
This position is located on site at our Walkersville, MD office. The work schedule is Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Define, lead, and manage the Demand planning process as part of Bioscience’s overall Supply, Inventory, and Operations Planning (SI&OP) process.
- Lead and manage a process and cross-functional teams which maintain accurate demand forecasts across all aspects of the Bioscience product portfolio, including both made-to-stock and made-to-order products and solutions.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and operations teams to gather data and insights to inform demand forecasts.
- Develop and implement effective demand planning strategies and processes to ensure that we meet customer needs while optimizing inventory levels and minimizing costs.
Continuously monitor and analyze market trends, sales data, and other relevant factors to adjust forecasts and plans as needed.
- Work closely with manufacturing and supply chain teams to ensure that inventory levels are optimized and production schedules are aligned with demand forecasts.
- Manage and maintain the tools and dashboards supporting the demand planning and sales forecasting processes.
- Identify and implement process improvements and best practices to enhance the accuracy and efficiency of the demand planning function.
- Prepare and present regular reports and analysis to senior management to inform business decisions.
- Associated degree or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Data Analytics, or Supply Chain, preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in demand planning, forecasting, and supply chain management in the life science tools or related industry required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a proven ability to analyze complex data and make sound business decisions required.
- Excellent communication, negotiating and collaboration skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional teams required.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, with a track record of developing and managing high-performing teams required.
- Knowledge of SAP BW, IBP, ERP and demand planning software and tools required.
- Understanding of biotech and pharmaceutical markets and trends required.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.lonza.com.