Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville is IMMEDIATELY hiring a Procurement Manager to be accountable for the consistent supply of purchased direct materials to support Walkersville/RTP production schedules, customer service levels, and inventory targets. Under direction of the Supply Chain Director and in collaboration with Strategic and Category Procurement, the Procurement Manager will supervise Operational Buyers and MRP Planners in order to maintain site vendor relationships, place and manage purchase orders, resolve supply disruptions and pricing issues, process vendor change notifications and specification changes, qualify new materials, support timely receipt of materials and answer related AP questions.
This is a hybrid role working 3 days at our Walkersville site and 2 days working remotely.
- Drive fulfillment of optimal Material Requirements Plan and target inventory levels, ensuring proper maintenance and use of MRP data and adherence to SOPs.
- Oversee and guide buyers in identifying and mitigating key raw material supply risks.
Prioritize and organize team activities to support timely execution of document changes, new material qualifications and issue resolution.
- Develop organized collaboration with Production Planning, Order Fulfillment and other stakeholders.
- Maintain development plans for each team member and monitor progress on a regular basis.
- Assist in development and tracking of Planning and Purchasing KPIs.
Support Operational Buyers in strengthening key vendor relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED required; bachelor’s degree in business, Procurement or Supply Chain, preferred.
- Hands on, recent SAP experience in a Purchasing/Procurement or Supply Chain role required.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn, flexible.
- Ability to lead and develop a team, strength of character to have difficult conversation.
- Effective communicator with a Customer Service mindset.
- Ability to organize and manage detail while maintaining broader context perspective.
- Some working knowledge of general business processes.
- Experience in cGMP environment desirable (Bio Tech a plus).
- Hands on Microsoft Office experience – analysis in Excel.
- APICs certification desirable.
To apply for this job please visit www.lonza.com.