Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville is IMMEDIATELY hiring a Master Scheduler – Production Planner to be responsible for the creation, execution and maintenance of the Supply Plan including the creation of the Master Production Schedule and medium term capacity loading outlooks for Intermediates and Finished Goods.
The Master Scheduler – Production Planner ensures optimal forward looking plan/schedule by utilizing S&OP process plan. Also, this Master Scheduler – Production Planner reviews unconstrained Master Production Schedule and create proposed constrained 1 – 18 month MPS in SAP IBP.
This position is located onsite at our Walkersville, MD site.
- Plans finished goods and intermediates for appropriate operations departments.
- Works with MRP and required Demand Planning and/or Advanced Planning & Scheduling Tools (APS). Utilizes additional ERP reports, open orders, open purchase orders, etc. to accurately plan and schedule.
- Participates and is actively involved in S&OP process, discard reduction, materials requirements and operational excellence.
- Responsible for 18-month production plan as well as weekly production schedules. Forward looking 18-month production plan requires capacity and resource planning.
- Tracks production runs from scheduling through clearance and shipment.
- Responsible for Supply Chain KPIs including inventory levels, safety stock, SMOG, production plan conformation, schedule reliability, back orders, etc.
- Communicates and acts as a liaison with customer service, distribution, sales and program management to ensure end-user customer demand is met while ensuring the highest level of operating efficiencies.
- HS diploma/GED required.
- At least 5 years of related Supply Chain experience and Bioscience knowledge, preferred
Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define metrics (KPI’s) and identify issues through root cause analysis.
- Math and computer skills required.
- Advanced knowledge of SAP, SAP IBP, SAP ECC required
- Competent using MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to utilize Business Intelligence systems to extract data and generate reports.
- Teamwork – willing to work closely with others to meet departmental objectives.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.lonza.com.